Thursday 4 July 2013

HARD WORK IS REWARDED


I got my feedback from WInchester School of Art yesterday and it truly draw a big smile on my face. All the hard work is now rewarded - as my work was graded: excellent!

I was just thinking of all the hours I spent knitting that piece (you can see below), sitting in my small room in Winchester,  watching tv-series non stop from my computer before realizing it was already 2am and I should get some sleep - this continued for 9 days. Yeah, 9 days it took to knit all that... Or when I was screwing the studs to put together the leather vest and watching 2 Broke Girls and my fingers were hurting so much... or when I was sewing the Alexander Wang dress and Proenza Schouler coat and there was no room in the Fashion Studio and the third year students were hogging all the space.... All that is irrelevant now!




Additional Tutor Developmental Comments:
You have submitted a very good body of work for this semester, showing excellent development in all areas of your work.

Research and development: You have shown evidence of very good first hand and contextual research throughout your sketchbook, and show good design development stemming from this research. You have quite a conceptual approach to the projects, which is great to see, and has resulted in some innovative garment concepts.




Garment cut and finish/fabric: Your cut and construction is a very strong part of your work. You have attempted three very different types of garment to make as your final outcomes – one handknit, one tailored, structured jacket, and one constructed leather piece. These are all finished to a very high level, and show a great diversity of technical skill, creative thinking, and ability to work with different material.




Application of digital practice: Your online portfolio looks very professional, showing great skill in Photoshop and Illustrator, and in how you have put everything together on moodboards and presentation boards.

Portfolio presentation: The online portfolio you have submitted looks very professional and well put together, showing your work of to a high level, and a flair for creative presentation. Your photography, illustration, and spec drawing skills are very, very good, and you visually communicate the theme of each project well. It’s a shame you didn’t print any of the boards out – but understandable why you didn’t.




CV advice: Your CV looks professional – and promotes you and your skills well. It looks like you have had a very prolific and productive Erasmus placement, achieving a great standard across all areas of your work, and pushing yourself creatively. Well done & good luck with your future ventures! 


I really enjoyed my semester in Winchester School of Art. It gave me so much - I feel I developed a lot as a designer and as a student. There was a lot of work and sometimes (all the time to be fare) it felt quite overwhelming. 
But I am very happy with my choice to come on exchange and I can definitely recommend Winchester School of Art to anyone who wants to get the most out of their studies - they really push you and encourage you to test your limits.
For that I am very thankful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment