Friday 25 January 2013

FIRST DAYS


On Wednesday we went to Southampton.
It took around 20 minutes to go there by train, and it was pretty cheap, there and back £ 6,5.
First we went to West Quay shopping center ( big place with shops like New Look, Topshop, Zara, All Saints, French Connection, Levi's, River Island, Warehouse, Aldo, to name some....) - really nice!

We had coffee with Abby. I am renting her room in Winchester so I though it might be nice, for both of us, to meet each other! She is such a nice girl - she is going on exchange to Paris next week.

After that me and Emilia went to shop at IKEA. It looked exactly the same as in Sweden and in Finland, of course :) We bought some plates, and sheets and kitchen stuff.

After IKEA we took a train back to Winchester and Michael took us back to home from the railway station. He has been super nice to us! In fact, everybody has been so nice to us here (except the taxi driver).

For example, I sent a parcel from Finland to here, full of my clothes and shoes, and yesterday this older lady came to our door and said she has the parcel at her place because the postman wasn't able to leave it to our house. She asked me to come and get it because she couldn't carry it herself. She told me that she also studied Fashion at the London College of Fashion when she was my age, and she said I am welcome to have a cup of tea at her place when ever I want!! LOVELY.
And also, I went to buy a Clinique toner yesterday, and the shop assistant asked us where we are from. When she heard we are from Finland, she said: Mitä kuuluu?
Her ex boyfriend was Finnish! Such a small world! :D

Yesterday we wanted to explore our new city. So we walked to the center (takes around 15-20 minutes to walk there from my place).
We had a nice lunch at this lovely place called Crown and Anchor. The whole staff there was super friendly!



This cute dog came to say hello when we walked to the center. It was so excited and happy, running around and I was talking to it: puppy, puppy, come here! It walked with us for a while just as if to make sure we will be safe! I love dogs!


Jamie Oliver's restaurant


We found this lovely tea shop!


Emilia at the Crown and Anchor.

No comments:

Post a Comment